Sunday, June 25, 2017

Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber (Goodreads Author)- Book Review

Have you ever read a book that was so incredible it seemed like every book after that would pale in comparison? After reading Caraval, I fear the other books I read for a while will disappoint!

Caraval was AMAZING! Pure magic! Absolutely stunning! These words just don't seem like adequate descriptions! When I say that I couldn't put this book down, I mean I literally couldn't put this book down! I am going to have one serious book hangover after this!

Stephanie Garber takes you on a magical adventure with Caraval that makes a part of you wish you didn't have to leave. I had tears in my eyes when I finished the book because I didn't want it to be over! I stepped into a world far more wondrous than I could ever come up with in my own imagination! Garber's writing and attention to detail was exquisite! The words just jumped off the page, and you could picture everything. From the beautiful gowns and top hats to all the magical shops and places to see, Caraval entices you and leaves you wanting more.

Garber's characters far exceeded my expectations! Scarlett was a wonder to behold! I loved how she started out fearful, afraid to live life (though I admit there were times I wanted to strangle her and tell her to live a little), and became this brave, confident woman who was ready to take on the world!

Tella was the biggest surprise, though, I admit! Tella was this vivacious, spunky gal, who was ready to grab life by the horns no matter the danger! It amazed me that Scarlett and Tella were sisters, because Scarlett was to cautious while Tella had a tendency to throw caution to the wind. Though you don't see a whole lot of Tella in this story, she makes a BIG impact!

Julian... (Sighs Romantically).... he is one amazing guy! Gorgeous, courageous, romantic.... Trust me, you would love to hate him! On more than one occasion, I wanted to smack him silly! I swear you can see the smug smile he gives so freely and it annoys the hell out of you! But you do learn to love it, and him! He was always there to help and protect and so much more! <3 <3 <3

That plot twist at the end was something I didn't see coming, although I should have! That was something I never expected, but it was incredible! It's like the Hunger Games meets the Victorian Era :)

Overall, I give this book 5 stars! Caraval was everything I hoped it would be and more! <3
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2037589238

No comments:

Post a Comment